What is laser hair removal?
Laser hair removal is a fast and effective method of removing hair growth via laser energy – and is up to 97% effective at drastically reducing the number of hairs in a given area (for the proper skin and hair type). Our Inmode DiolazeXL Laser Hair Removal system is designed with state-of-the-art diode lasers - offering patients the most effective hair removal treatment. DiolazeXL has built-in safeguards to ensure that all sessions are comfortable and relatively pain-free. DiolazeXL targets coarse and stubborn hair, up to skin type VI.
What is laser hair removal used for?
Women most often use laser hair removal to treat the legs, bikini line, arms, underarms, upper lip, chin, abdomen, and areolas. Men may choose to remove hair from the chest, abdomen, back, shoulders, neck, beard, sideburns, ears, hands, and toes. Ultimately, laser hair removal can be used to permanently remove unwanted hair from nearly any area of the body.
Why choose laser hair removal over shaving or waxing?
Both women and men spend a great deal of time and money to remove unwanted hair. Shaving can lead to nicks and cuts. Waxing can be painful, lead to skin irritation and ingrown hairs. Overtime the costs to shave and wax regularly adds up to become a costly expense. More women and men have chosen permanent and ultimately the les expensive method of laser hair removal to eliminate undesired hair.
How long does each laser hair removal treatment take?
For smaller areas of the body - such as the underarms, chin or upper lip this make take about 15 minutes. And for a larger area such as the back or full legs sessions make take 30 minutes. Multiple areas can be treated during the same session. We typically recommend six sessions for optimal results. Sessions are typically spaced about 4 weeks apart initially and up to 6-8 weeks apart as we get further into your recommended sessions and hair regrowth decreases.
What results can I expect from laser hair removal?
Most individuals experience an 80-90% reduction of unwanted hair after the recommended number of treatments have been completed. In many cases, results may be seen after just three treatments. And a full series of treatments in an area can often be completed in as few as six months. The total number of required treatments varies from patient to patient. This is due to differences in hair color and type, location of the treatment area, and skin color. Each treatment is customized to the patient’s individual traits for optimal results. The Inmode DiolazeXL operates by targeting the hair’s pigment - therefore dark hair can be more effectively treated and eliminated. Patients with blonde, red, grey, or white hair may not be good candidates for laser hair removal.
How often do I need laser hair removal treatment?
A good rule of thumb is that if the area to be treated is at the neck line or above, you will need to repeat treatments every 4 to 6 weeks. For areas below the neck line, you will want to repeat treatments every 6 to 8 weeks for best results. For patients with darker skin types — additional treatments may be required to see full results.
How do I prepare for my laser hair removal sessions:
- No tanning by either direct sun exposure, sunless tanning beds or lotions
- Avoid retinoid products 7 days prior to your scheduled appointment for comfort and safety
- No waxing, sugaring, threading or use of depilatory products while seeking hair removal treatments
- Shave 24-48 hours prior to your scheduled appointments. Shaving the day of will reduce the ability of the laser to recognize the hair follicle and therefore decrease effectiveness.
- Notify your provider of any changes to your medical health, medications or recent vacations to sunny areas. We may adjust your appointments based on what you report to us.
- If you have a history of oral canker sores, genital herpes we may prescribe a prescription for anti-virals to reduce your risk of an outbreak. Please notify your provider if you have a history.
- Further instructions will be provided during your consultation and/or appointments.
- We recommend wearing loose fitting or clothing with easier access to areas to be treated. Example if treating the underarms consider a sports bra or tank top; for legs consider shorts or sweat pants.
- Arrive with clean and dry skin — no lotions, oils, powders, perfumes, makeup or deoderant.
How does laser hair removal work?
At Seattle Beauty we utilize Inmode’s DiolazeXL for our laser hair removal treatments. It is one of the most advanced laser hair removal systems available today.
- Can treat up to skin type VI
- Gold standard wavelength, pulsing and power for optimal results and maximal safety
- Reduction in clinician treatment time – powerful enough to target and treat even the most stubborn hair
- Virtually painless due to strong built in cooling
During treatment, a laser beam is targeted towards the hair follicle, destroying it and preventing future hair growth. Ultrasound gel is applied to the skin allowing the hand piece to glide across the surface. It also functions as a cooling media. Treatments are spaced 4-8 weeks apart, maximizing the chances of hitting newly active follicles with each treatment. It is because only a certain percentage of hair is available in this growth phase that we need to do multiple treatments spread out over varying time spans to ensure we get the most actively growing hair possible.
Does laser hair removal hurt?
Individual experiences will vary. Most people feel a heated sensation like a sunburn, tiny pin pricks, or rubber band snaps.
What can I expect after a Laser Hair removal session?
Individuals will have different reactions based on their unique skin conditions and skin type. Common side effects include —
- Sunburn sensation
- Redness and inflammation
- Swelling around the hair follicle
These side effects resolve within the first few hours of treatments. A full list of potential side effects is available during your consultation.
To minimize the above sensations you may consider —
- Tylenol and/or Ibuprofen as needed for discomfort
- Ice packs to the treated area
- Cool baths or showers
You may notice hair follicles falling out in the first several days following a session. This means your treatments are working. Gentle exfoliation to help eject the follicles may be done but is not necessary.
Is laser hair removal permanent?
One of the main goals of laser hair removal is to produce results that last a lifetime. Results will vary based on age, health and medical issues, pregnancy, skin type, area being treated, and commitment to the process. Individuals who undergo a FULL series of treatments stand the best chance of obtaining an 80-90% reduction of hair that does not grow back later in life. A touch-up session once a year or every several years may be necessary.
How much does laser hair removal cost?
The cost of laser hair removal is customized to each individual. Factors that determine the overall cost include
- the number and size of the areas being targeted
- the number of laser hair removal sessions necessary for optimal results
- and other components of the treatment process
Once your personalized treatment program is developed during the initial consultation, a member of our team will produce a cost estimate that includes all associated expenses and answer all of your questions.
Am I a good candidate for laser hair removal?
At Seattle Beauty we treat every procedure we perform on our patients and clients like a medical procedure you would undergo at a doctor’s office or hospital. We recommend an Aesthetic consultation which allows us to do a thorough intake, answer all your questions and concerns, and insure you are a proper candidate. This process takes approximately 30 minutes and the $75 fee acts as a credit towards services booked with us.